NEW ALGORITHM OF OBTAINING ORDER AND ERROR CONSTANTS OF THIRD ORDER LINEAR MULTI-STEP METHOD (LMM)
Keywords:LMM, Order, Error constants, Third Order odes, Grid and off grid points
AbstractThe method of obtaining order and error constant presented in  for first and second order linear multi-step methods were extended to derived a similar method for obtaining the order and error constant of the third order linear multi-step methods. Specifically the method is meant for the LMM schemes on grid and off grid points to determine their Order and Error constants easily.
Badmus A M : Some Multistep Collocation methods with Continuous Coefficients for initial value problems of General Second and Third Order Ordinary Differential Equations. P h D thesis (Unpublished) ,Postgraduate school Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna, Nigeria. 2013.
Lambert J .D: Computational methods in ordinary differential equations New York, John Wiley 1973
Olabode B T: An accurate scheme by block method for third order ordinary differential equations The Pacific Journal of Science and Technology, volume 10 Number 1, May 2009 (Spring) pp136-142,2009
Odejide SA and Adeniran AO: A hybrid linear collocation multistep scheme for solving first order initial value problems Journal of Nigerian Mathematical Society, Volume 31, pages229-241, (2012)
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.