Decision Fusion based Person Identification System using Fingerprints and Facial Image with Template Matching
AbstractIn this research, it has been developed a prototype biometric system which integrates facial images and fingerprints. The system overcomes the limitations of face recognition systems as well as fingerprint recognition systems. The integrated prototype system operates in the identification mode with an admissible response time. The identity established by the system is more reliable than the identity established by a face recognition system. In addition, the proposed decision fusion scheme enables performance improvement by integrating multiple features with different confidence measures. Experimental results demonstrate that the system performs Â well. It meet up the response time as well as the accuracy requirements.
L. Hong and A. K. Jain, â€œClassification of Fingerprint Images,â€ 11th Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis, June 7-11, Kangerlussuaq, Greenland, 1999.
L. Hong and A. K. Jain, â€œIntegrating Faces and Fingerprints for Personal Identificationâ€, IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 20, No. 12, pp. 1295-1307, Dec 1998.
R. W. Frischholz and U. Dieckmann, â€œBioid: A Multimodal Biometric Identification Systemâ€, IEEE Computer, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 64-68, 2000.
M. Turk and A. Pentland, â€œEigenfaces for Recognition,â€ J. Cognitive Neuroscience, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 71â€“86, 1991.
R. Chellappa, C. Wilson, and A. Sirohey, â€œHuman and Machine Recognition of Faces: A Survey,â€ Proc. IEEE, vol. 83, no. 5, pp. 705â€“ 740, 1995.
M. Turk, A. Pentland. â€œFace Recognition Using Eigenfacesâ€. In Proc. IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 586-591, 1991.
D. Valentin, H. Abdi, A.J. Oâ€™Toole, and G. Cottrell, â€œConnectionist Models of Face Processing: A Survey,â€ Pattern Recognition, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 1,209â€“1,230, 1994.
A.K.M. Akhtar Hossain, â€œFingerprint Identification System Using Artificial Neural Computing Modelsâ€, Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh, January 2006 .
A. K. M. Akhtar Hossain & S.K. Ahmed Kamal , â€œAn Approach To Extract Fingerprint Feature Using Grid-Mapping Technique And To Match Through BackPropagation Neural Networkâ€, Scientific Journal founded in 1997, Bulletin of Donetsk National University, 004.932.721, ISSN 1817-2237, PP-412-418, Ukraine, 2/2005 .
A. K. M. Akhtar Hossain and S. K. Ahmed Kamal, â€œGrid Mapping Features based Fingerprint Verification Systemâ€ Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, Islamic University of Technology (IUT), Gazipur, Dhaka, Bangladesh, PP-1052-1057, ISBN 984-32-2873-1, ICCIT-2005.
R. Brunelli and D. Falavigna, â€œPersonal Identification Using Multiple Cues,â€ IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 955â€“966, Oct. 1995.
J. Kittler, Y. Li, J. Matas, and M.U. Sanchez, â€œCombining Evidence in Multimodal Personal Identity Recognition Systems,â€ Proc. First Intâ€™l Conf. Audio Video-Based Personal Authentication, pp. 327â€“334, Crans-Montana, Switzerland, Mar. 1997.
Xiaohui Cheng, Cuina Zhang, and Maojie Zhou, "Rotation Invariant Texture Spectrum-Based Image Retrieval Algorithm", IEEE 2nd International Conference on Software Engineering and Service Science (ICSESS), Pages: 602 - 605, 2011.
Jinfeng Yang and Xu Zhang, "Feature-Level Fusion of Fingerprint and Finger-Vein for Personal Identification", Pattern Recognition Letters 33, Pages 623â€“628, 2012.
AK Jain, K Nandakumar, A Nagar, in Security and privacy in biometrics. Fingerprint Template Protection: From Theory to Practice (Springer London), pp. 187â€“214, Year 2013.
Ahmed M. Hamad, Rasha Salah Elhadary, Ahmed Omar Elkhateeb, " Multimodal Biometric Identification Using Fingerprint, Face and Iris Recognition", International Journal of Information Science and Intelligent System, 3(4): 53-60, 2014.
Subhas Barman, Debasis Samanta and Samiran Chattopadhyay, Fingerprint-based crypto-biometric system for network security, EURASIP Journal on Information Security, 3 April 2015.
Ashraf Aboshosha, Kamal A. El Dahshan, Eman A. Karam, Ebeid A. Ebeid, Score Level Fusion for Fingerprint, Iris and Face Biometrics, International Journal of Computer Applications, Volume 111 - Number 4, Year of Publication: 2015.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.