Research on Practical Determination of Cable Tension
In the process of identifying the tension of cables, the frequency errors have a great influence on them. The paper puts forward a method of modifying the cable tension by calculating the corrections of the frequency according to the principles of Least Squares; and it also analyses accuracy of the tension of cables. The results show that the correction technique of the natural frequency is right, its accuracy is better, and the cables are safe.
Soojin Cho, Jinsuk Yim, Sung Woo Shin & Hyung-Jo Jung, â€œComparative Field Study of Cable Tension Measurement for a Cable-Stayed Bridgeâ€, Journal of Bridge Engineering,18(8), pp.748-757,2013.
Lardies Joseph & Minh-Ngi Ta, â€œModal parameter identification of stay cables from output-only measurementsâ€, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 25(1), pp.133-150,2011.
H. Nam, N.T. Nghia, â€œEstimation of Cable Tension Using Measured Natural Frequenciesâ€, Procedia Engineering, 14, pp.1510-1517,2011.
Pakos W, Wojcicki Z, Grosel J, Majcher K &Sawicki W, â€œExperimental research of cable tension tuning of a scaled model of cable stayed bridgeâ€, ARCHIVES OF CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, 16(1), pp.41-52,2016.
Kangas S, Hunt V, Helmicki A, Swanson J & Sexton R, â€œCable-Stayed Bridges: Case Study for Ambient Vibration-Based Cable Tension Estimationâ€, Journal of Bridge Engineering, 17(6), pp.839-846,2012.
Zhao, Y.B., Sun, C.S., Peng, J. & Wang, L.H., â€œThe effect of temperature on the cable and cable force frequencyâ€, Chinese Journal of Applied Mechanics, 30(6), pp.904-908,2013.
Zhang, W., Wang, G.Z. & Sun, Y.M., â€œAnalysis on Frequency and Force of Stay Cable Considering Flexural Rigidityâ€, Journal of Highway and Transportation Research and Development, 29(7), pp.64-69+75,2012.
Li, Y.Q., Du, Y.L. & Fu, Q., â€œResearch on Updating of Cable-stayed FE bridge Model Based on Measurements of Cable Tensionsâ€, Journal of the China railway society, 35(6), pp.91-95,2013.
Liao, J.B., Tang, G.W., Meng, L.B. & Zheng, G., â€œApproximate frequency calculation method for clamped cablesâ€, Journal of Vibration and Shock, 32(6), pp.149-151+172,2013.
He, W., Chen, H., Wang, B. & Hu, F., â€œStudy of suspender tension measurement based on frequency method with complex boundary conditionsâ€, China Civil Engineering Journal, 45(3), pp.93-98,2012.
Guo, L.Y., â€œStudy on vibration feature and cable stress detection of cable-stayed bridgeâ€, Journal of Bridge Construction,(3), pp.61-64,1995.
Mahboub, Vahid, â€œOn weighted total least-squares for geodetic transformationsâ€, Journal of Geodesy, 86(5), pp.359â€“367,2012.
Zhang, S.H., Adjustment of measurement (the second Editon), China University of Mining and Technology Press, China, 2013.
Wu, K.X., Liu, K.M. & Yang, J.X., â€œMeasuring System of Cable Tension Based on Frequency Methodâ€, China Journal of Highway and Transport, 19(2), pp.62-65,2006.
Bao Y., Shi Z., Beck J.L., Li H. & Hou T.Y., â€œIdentification of timeâ€varying cable tension forces based on adaptive sparse timeâ€frequency analysis of cable vibrationsâ€, Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 24(3),2017.
Kim BH & Park T, â€œEstimation of cable tension force using the frequency-based system identification methodâ€, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 304(3), pp.660-676,2007.
Xu, J., â€œPrecision Analysis of Calculating Tension Force of Cableâ€, Journal of Tongji University (Natural Sciences),29(5), pp.611-615,2001.
Ebrahim Nazarian, Farhad Ansari, Xiaotan Zhang & Todd Taylor, â€œDetection of Tension Loss in Cables of Cable-Stayed Bridges by Distributed Monitoring of Bridge Deck Strainsâ€, Journal of Structural Engineering, 142(6),2016.
Fang Z. & Wang J., â€œPractical Formula for Cable Tension Estimation by Vibration Methodâ€, Journal of Bridge Engineering, 17(1), pp.161-164,2012.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.