An Optimized Algorithm for Car Plate Recognition using Artificial Neural Network for a Mobile Application without Segmentation
Keywords:Intelligent Transport System (ITS), Car Plate Recognition (CPR), Artificial Neural Network (ANN)
The main objective of this paper, to create a mobile application without segmentation using Intelligent Transport system. Todayâ€™s we are living in the mobile world, anywhere and anytime with mobile application which is used mainly in transport mode especially in navigation. User can monitor their lane of transport, traffic and also many applications which make the user more safety and security. In paper, to develop , a simple algorithm is presented for Car Plate Recognition (CPR) system based on Artificial Neural Network. This is simulated mobile application without segmentation. This proposed optimized algorithm is a mainly categorized into four major parts: Plate Extraction, Digitalization, Character Recognition and Optimization. Plate Extraction is to extract the appropriate region, convert the given images into binary value in digitalization, Character recognition are performed from the weight matrix and optimization has been done to retrieve the exact data to mobile application. This new approach provides new trends in mobile application for CPR.
Hsien-Chu WU, Chwei-Shyong TSAI, and Ching-Hao LAI, â€œA License Plate Recognition System in e-Governmentâ€, In proc. of An International Journal, 2004, Vol.15, No.2, pp.199-210.
Anuja P. Nagare, â€œLicense Plate Character Recognition System using Neural Networkâ€, International Journal of Computer Application, July 2011, Volume-25-No.10, pp.36-39.
Bailey, D.G., Irecki, D., Lim, B.K., and Yang, L., â€œTest Bed for Number Plate Recognition Applicationsâ€, Proceeding of the IEEE International Workshop on Electronic Design, Test and Application, 2009.
Anagnostopoullos, C.N., Anagnostopoullos, I., Loumos, V., and Kayafas, E., â€œA license Plate Recognition Algorithm for Intelligent Transportation System Applicationsâ€, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 7, No 3, pp. 377-392, 2006.
Tahir, A., Habib, H.A., and Khan, M.F., â€œLicense Plate Recognition Algorithm for Pakistani License Platesâ€, Canadian Journal on Image Processing and Computer Vision, Vol. 1, No. 2, 2010.
Jayanta Kumar Basu, Debnath Bhattacharya, Tai-hoonkim, â€œUse of Artificial Neural Network in Pattern Recognitionâ€, International Journal of Software Engineering and Applications, April 2010, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 23-32.
Shyang-Lih Chang, Li-Shien Chen, Yun-Chung Chung, and Sei-Wan Chen , â€œAutomatic License Plate Recognition,IEEE transactions on intelligent transportation systems, Vol.5, March 2004.
SantajiGhorpade, JayshreeGhorpade and Sharma Mantri, â€œPattern Recognition Using Neural Networksâ€, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology, December 2010, Vol.2, No.6, pp. 92-98.
StutiAsthanam , Niresh Sharma and Rajdeep Singh, â€œ Vehicle Number Plate Recognition using multiple layer back propagation neural networksâ€, International Journal of Computer Technology and Electronics Engineering, vol.1, Issue.1, pp.35-38
H.J.Kim, D.W.Kim, S.K. Kim, J.V. Lee, J.K. Lee, 1997, â€œAutomatic Recognition of Car License Plates Using Color Image Processing,â€Engineering Design &Automation, 3(2), pp.215-225,1997.
StutiAsthana. Farah haneef, Rakesh K Bhujade â€œHandwritten Multiscript Numeral Recognition using Artificial Neural Networkâ€International Journal of Soft Computing andEngineering,VolumeI,Issue 1,Mar 2011
E. Tzafestas, A. Nikolaidou and S. Tzafestas, â€œPerformance Evaluation and Dynamic Node Generation Criteria for Principal Component Analysis, Neural Networkâ€, Mathematics and Computer in Simulation, Vol. 51, pp.145- 156, 300, 2004
Roy, A.; Ghoshal, D.P.â€ Number Plate Recognition for use in different countries using an improved segmentationâ€ IEEE Conference Publications, 2011
Yifu Wang; PengXuâ€ Vehicle License Plate tilt correction based on the Weighted Least Square Methodâ€ IEEE Conference Publications 2010.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.