Towards an Agent-Based Modeling of the Consumer Goods Market
Keywords:Multi-agent systems, agent-based modeling and simulation, complexity economics, macroeconomic behavior, Netlogo
The modeling and prediction of the human behavior in economy attract the interest of many scholars and researchers around the globe. In order to analyze it, the economists use complex mathematical equations called top-down approach; which is currently an outdating system. Instead the agent-based modeling named bottom-up analysis is focused in the characteristics of each agent. Therefore the implementation of the different behaviors of agents, allows them to interact with each other freely and the system evolves automatically.
Our aim is to create an agent-based model of consumer goods market which will allow us to investigate the effect and the outcome of some economic policies or new product introductions.
Khadija EL Hachami & Mohamed Tkiouat :``The Agent-Based Modeling of the Macroeconomic Behavior of Sharia-Compliant Companies``,''Best paper'' Award in the International Congress on Islamic Economics and Finance ( ICISEF), Sakarya University,Turkey-2015.
Nawfal Naciri & Mohamed Tkiouat. â€˜â€™Undertstanding Complexity in Economics Systems with agent-based modelingâ€™â€™. Vol. 4, Iss. 3 ; pp.28-3 ; ISSN, 2015.
Stephen E. Glavin& Abhijit Sengupta`` Modelling of Consumer Goods Markets``.
Tefatsion L. and Judd, K.â€™â€™Handbook of Computational Economics. Agent-Based Computation Economicsâ€™â€™, vol. 2. 2006.
Sami Al-Suwailem, IRTI, IDB,`` Islamic Economics in a Complex World, Explorations in Agent-based Simulation``,2005-2007.
Julien Derveeuw ; ``Simulation multi-agents de marchÃ©s financiers``.Thesis presented and publicly defended on to obtain the PhD from the University of Science and Technology of Lille.2008.
D.Herbert, G.Simon, H.Philipp,S.Van der Hoog&M.Neugart.``The Eurace@Unibi Model, An Agent-Based Macroeconomic Modelfor Economic Policy Analysis``,Bielefeld University, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Working Papers in Economics and Management, 2012.
O.Goudet&J.Kant.``Apport des SystÃ¨mes Multi-Agents pour Ã©tudier les marchÃ©s du travail``.
Pascal Seppecher ; ``modÃ©lisation multi-agent dâ€™une Ã©conomie monÃ©taire de production, Un systÃ¨me dynamique et complexe dâ€™interactions rÃ©elles et monÃ©taires entre des agents multiples, hÃ©tÃ©rogÃ¨nes, autonomes et concurrents``.Thesis presented and publicly defended on to obtain the PhD from the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, 2011.
Domenico G. , Edoardo G. , Saul D. , Pasqual C. et Mauro G.; â€˜â€™Macroeconomics from the Bottom- upâ€™â€™; 2011.
YoungeunY , Salim R., Bin KashemS; â€˜â€™Assessing the potential impact of Microfinance with agent-based modelingâ€™â€™; 2011.
W. Brian Arthur .Complexity and the Economy. .Oxford University Press 2015.
J. M. Epstein and R. L. Axtell .Growing Artificial Societies: Social Science from the Bot-tom Up., (MIT Press, Cambridge,MA, 1996.
Seth Tisue, Uri Wilensky, â€˜â€™NetLogo: A Simple Environment for Modeling Complexityâ€™â€™. Presented at the International Conference on Complex Systems, Boston, May 16.21, 2004.
Wooldridge & Jennings;â€™â€™Intelligent agents: theory and practiceâ€™â€™. Knowledge Engineering Review, 10, 1995. Cambridge University Press.
Alexis Drogoul; â€˜â€™Simulation of a Multi-Agent; the Collective Problem Solving: A Study of the emerging structures of organization in Multi-Agent Systemsâ€™â€™.1993.
Jacques Ferber; â€˜â€™Multi Agent Systems: Towards a Collective Intelligenceâ€™â€™; 1995.
M. E. J Newman; â€œComplex Systems: A Surveyâ€. Am. J. Phys. 79, 800-810 (2011).
Y. Shang, ``An Agent Based Model for Opinion Dynamics with Random Confidence Threshold``, volume 19, Issue 10, October 2014, Pages 3766â€“3777.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.