Productive Characterization of Dairy Farms in the Central-Westerm Province of Chaco - Argentina
Keywords:small producers, subtropics, local development, productive indicators, social indicators
It is possible to produce efficiently in areas that are considered inadequate, as long as all the technologies are not transferred from the temperate zones in which the most important dairy basins of the country are located. The objective of the work was to identify and productively characterize the dairy farms in the center-west of the province of Chaco - Argentina. 11 dairy farms were identified and visits were made between September 2021 and April 2022 located in the center-west of the province of Chaco. The results show that the median and age ranges of the owners surveyed was 47 (36-67) years old, the area used for milk production was 50 (20-275) hectares, of which 78% is natural forest and 22% are dedicated to the production of cultivated pastures. The median and ranges of the milking cows were 9 (2-20) cows and 12 (3-15) dry cows, total milk production per day: in warm months 30 (14-300) liters and in cold months 30 (6-300) liters, the duration of lactation 200 (150-270) days. Dairy farms in the center-west of the Chaco province were identified and characterized, showing that there is dairy production in the region and that this forces the need to generate attention policies for them.
Cantamutto F., Bonavida C., González L., Mauriño M., Monzón C.; Miranda G., Perez M. 2018. Efectos de la transformación macroeconómica en la economía local. Escuela de Gobierno de la Provincia del Chaco. http://escueladegobierno.chaco.gov.ar/files/documentos-de-trabajo/efectos-de-latransformacion-macroeconomica-en-la-econom%C3%ADa-local.pdf
Chimicz, J. 2012. Los chicos Crecen. En: Ideas, propuestas y soluciones para la lechería extrapampeana. Ediciones INTA Año 1 N 1 pp 40. https://inta.gob.ar/documentos/ideas-propuestas-y-soluciones-para-la-lecheria-extrapampeana
Chimicz, J., Pueyo, H. 2012. La lechería en nuevas tierras. En: Ideas, propuestas y soluciones para la lechería extrapampeana. Ediciones INTA Año 1 N 1 pp 40. https://inta.gob.ar/documentos/ideas-propuestas-y-soluciones-para-la-lecheria-extrapampeana
Gorenstein, S., Castagna, A., Gorenstein, S., Schorr, M., Napal, M., Raposo, I., Woelflin, M.L., Báscolo, P., Ferreira, E. 2012. ¿Crecimiento o desarrollo? El ciclo reciente en el norte argentino. Miño y Dávila Ediciones, Buenos Aires. Documentos y Aportes en Administración Pública y Gestión Estatal, vol. 12, núm. 18, 2012, pp. 133- 135
Ministerio de Producción. Provincia de Chaco. 2016. Plan de implementación provincial.
Patiño, E. M. 2005. El desafío del desarrollo lechero en las provincias del NEA www.produccion-animal.com.ar
Perez, M., Schorr, M. 2020. Estructura productiva e ingresos de la provincia del Chaco. Tramas. Revista de Política, Sociedad y Economía. N12 33-52
SENASA 2021. Caracterización de tambos bovinos. Coordinación General de Sistemas de Gestión Sanitaria Dirección de Ejecución Sanitaria y Control de Gestión Dirección Nacional de Sanidad Animal pp21
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Roberto Cheij, S. Ortiz, G. Eyheralde, M. Y. Domínguez, P. R. Marini
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.