Rural Agribusiness Development Based on Community Empowerment (A Case Study in Bajeng Sub-district of Gowa Regency, South Sulawesi, Indonesia)
Keywords:Rural Agribusiness, Policy Implementation, Community Empowerment, Rural Agribusiness Development, And Program (PUAP) implementation
Using a combination of qualitative and quantitative approaches, a study was made of factors which determine the effectiveness of a Rural Agribusiness Development Program (RADP), based on community empowerment. The study was conducted in Bajeng Sub-district of Gowa Regency in South Sulawesi, Indonesia. The data used in the analysis were collected from individuals and groups as the program implementers. The success of RADP based on community empowerment was found to be strongly associated with the level of public trust that is established. The effectiveness of RADP had no direct relationship with the presence of community institutions, such as the Farmer Group Association (FGA), but is determined by the influence of social norms of individuals and socio-cultural influences. The implementation of RUDP through community empowerment in Bajeng Sub-district was found to be below optimal, due to a limited ability to involve local representatives in decision-making, combined with limitations of the capacity of local institutional management and marketing systems. The net impact was limited in terms of increasing both farmer and community productivity and welfare.Â The lack of impact of RADP in Bajeng Sub-district also reflected a lack of involvement of the government in providing guidance and supervision, combined with weak administration of program activities by FGA personnel, due to their lack of experience and knowledge.
â€¢ Anwas, O.M. (2014). Community Empowerment in the Global Era. Publisher. Alfabeta. Bandung.
â€¢ Alfitri. (2011). Community Development: Theory and Application. Publisher. Pustaka Pelajar.
â€¢ AranTika, F.Y., Hanafi, and Riyanto. (2014). Implementation of Community Empowerment Policy (A Study on the Implementation of National Program for Urban Community Empowerment (PNPM) in Batu Sub-district, Batu City).In: Public Administration Journal (JAP).Volume 1 No.2.Pp. 188-196.
â€¢ _____Central Beurau of Statistic of Gowa Regency (2014). Gowa Regency in Figures, 2014.
â€¢ _____Central Beurau of Statistic of Gowa Regency (2014). Bajeng Sub-district in Figures, 2014
â€¢ Creswell, J.W. (2012). Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, Mixed Method.(translated by: Achmad Fawaid. Original Title: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Method Approach). Publisher Pustaka Pelajar.
â€¢ Dwiyanto, A. (2011). Restoring Public Trust through Bureaucracy Reformation. Publisher. PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
â€¢ ____Didik Nurhadi, (2014). Implementation of RADP program (Rural Agribusiness Development Effort) In Ngawi District: In Report Presented to the Higher Degree Committee of Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of Master of Science in International Cooperation Policy.
â€¢ _____Umiyati Idris, (2012). Identification of Constraints Empowerment of Poor Farmers in Banyuasin Through Rural Agribusiness Development Program (RADP).
â€¢ _____(2012). Ideas, Thoughts, and Hopes of Alumni of Agriculture Faculty Hasanuddin University: Towards Agricultural Development in Indonesia (published for: 50th Anniversary of Agriculture Faculty of Hasanuddin University). Publisher.PT. Kalola Printing.
â€¢ _____Dinas Pertanian (Agriculture Office) of Gowa Regency, (2014). Evaluation and Monitoring Report of the Implementation of Rural Agribusiness Development Program (RADP) 2014.
â€¢ _____Zaki Mubarak, (2010). Evaluation of Community Empowerment Seen From Process Capacity In PNPM Urban Activity Sastrodirjan In the village of Pekalongan.
â€¢ _____Bhanu Prawirasworo,Tri Yuniningsih and Maesaroh, (2013). Strategies for Community Empowerment in Urban Village Mangunharjo Through PNPM Mandiri. Public Administration. Faculty of Social Science and Political Science. Diponegoro University.
â€¢ Kuncoro, M. (2014). Regional Autonomy into New Era of Regional Development. Third Edition. Publisher. Erlangga.
â€¢ ______Kantor Cabang Dinas Pertanian (Office of Agriculture Agency) Bajeng Sub-district, (2014). Potential of Bajeng Sub-district Region. 2014
â€¢ Litaniawan, F., and dan Suasa. (2014). Policy of National Program for Rural Community Empowerment in Torue Sub-district of Parigi Moutong Regency. In Academica Journal of Social Science and Politics Faculty of Tadulako University. Volume 6.No.1. pp 1230-1212.
â€¢ Mardikanto, T., and Soebianto, P. (2012). Community Empowerment in Public Policy Perspective. Publisher. ALFABETA, Bandung.
â€¢ Mardikanto, T, et al,. (2014). Community Based Development, A Reference for Practitioner, and Observer of Community Development. Publisher. Alfabeta, Bandung.
â€¢ Rahardjo. (2010). Rural Sociology and Agriculture. Publisher. Gadjah Mada University Press.
â€¢ Subarsono, A.G,. 2011. Public Policy Analysis. Publisher. Pustaka Pelajar.
â€¢ Sjafrizal,.(2014). Regional Development Planning in Autonomy Era. Publisher. PT. Raja Grafindo Persada.
â€¢ Sinambela, L.P,. (2010). Public Service Reformation. Publisher. PT. Bumi Aksara.
â€¢ Salusu,. (2015). Strategic Decision Making: For Public Organization and Non-Profit Organization. Publisher. PT. Gramedia, Jakarta.
â€¢ Sukidin and Darmadi, D,.(2011). Public Administration. Publisher. LaksBang Pressindo.
â€¢ Suryani, P. and Rahmadi, E,.(2014). Agribusiness Management. Publisher. Aswaja Pressindo.
â€¢ Sugandi, Y.S,. (2011). Public Administration: Science Concept and Development in Indonesia. Publisher. Graha Ilmu.
â€¢ Soetomo. (2013) Social Problem and Its Solutions. Publisher. Pustaka Pelajar.
â€¢ Soetomo,. (2010). Community Development Strategy. Publisher.Pustaka Pelajar.
â€¢ Tukiran, S.E,. (2012). Survey Research Method.Publisher. LP3ES.
â€¢ Tashakkori, A,.danTeddlie, C. (2010). Handbook Of Mixed Methods In Social & Behavioral Research (translated by: Daryatno. Original Title: Handbook of Mixed Methods in Social & Behavioral) Publisher. PustakaPelajar.
â€¢ Usman, S,. (2010).Development and Community Empowerment. Publisher. Pustaka Pelajar.
â€¢ Widodo, Joko. (2011). Public Policy Analysis, Concept and Application of Public Policy Process Analysis. Publisher. Bayu Media Publishing.
â€¢ Yuwono, T. et. All,. (2011). Agriculture Development: Building Food Sovereignty. Publisher. Gadjah Mada University Press.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.