Spatial Analysis in Poverty Review Framework of East Java Province
Keywords:spatial analysis, poverty, economic development, human and social development, Principle Component Analysis (PCA)
AbstractNowadays, classic and fundamental problems faced by developing countries in general such as Indonesia are high-degree of poverty both at national and regional levels. According to Central Bureau of Statistics (BPS) data in 2013, it was recorded that number of poor people in Indonesia has reached 28.55 million people (11.47%) where 17.06% of them live in East Java Province or equal to 4.87 million people or about 12, 7% from total population in East Java Province. A high percentage of poor people in districts or cities will easily found in the areas dominated by agriculture sector-based activities. This high percentage of poor people was related to level of human development in district/city. Therefore, this study aimed to analyze the spatial patterns of poverty, human development and social and economic activities, and its relation by using principle component analysis (PCA) followed by multiple regression. From analysis result of the spatial pattern and linkage analysis there were five (5) patterns which addressed poverty policy directives that can be used as a basic overview to addressed poverty in East Java Province.
. Adam, RH Jr. 2004. Economic Growth, Inequality and Poverty: Estimating the Growth Elasticity of Poverty. World Dev 32(12):1989â€“2014. www.elsevier.com/locate/ worlddev
. Arsyad L. 1999. Pengantar Perencanaan dan Pembangunan Ekonomi Daerah.Yogyakarta: PT BPFE Yogyakarta.
. Crandall MS, Weber BA. 2004. Local Social and Economic Conditions, Spatial Concentrations of Poverty and Poverty Dynamics. In : Bruce A Weber,editor. Poverty, Policy and Place: Spatial Analysis of Poverty Dynamics. Agri Econ V: 1276-1281. [Oregon State University]. www.sciencedirect.com. [11 Mei 2010].
. Fukuyama F. 2002. The Great Disruption. Hakikat Manusia dan Rekonstitusi Tatanan Sosial. Yogyakarta: Penerbit Qalam.
. Hajiji, A. 2010. Keterkaitan Antara Pertumbuhan Ekonomi, Ketimpangan Pendapatan dan Pengentasan Kemiskinan di Provinsi Riau 2002-2008.[Tesis]. Bogor: Program Pascasarjana, Institut Pertanian Bogor.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.