The Influence of Wai Sha Feng Shui Factors on the Housing Price and House Buyers
Keywords:Feng Shui, Wai Sha, Housing Price
The price of house is a very important reference factor during purchasing a house. And it is influenced by diverse factors. In Asia Feng Shui is one of the significant effect factors and there are many researches indicate that it influences the housing price truly. However there are many species in Feng Shui, the Feng Shui of residence is mainly decided by outer negative energy that called â€œWai Shaâ€, it means that the negative energy is born from the outside facilities around house such as buildings, roads or public facilities. Therefore, this study would like to use the Wai Shia Feng Shui as the spindle to discuss the influence of Feng Shui on housing price and house buyers.The results of literature reviews find that Feng Shui influences housing price significantly. Second there are eleven Wai Sha factors that general house buyers taboo such as the Lu Chong, the Dead End Alley, the Electricity-Related Infrastructure and Haunted House etc. Finally, Wai Sha reduces the degree of housing price about 10%.
â€¢ Bai, Jin-An,Li, Chun Chang, Hung, Mao Lin, Lin, Bi Yu, Zeng,YuTing, Lin, Jun Yan, Zeng, Bai Cheng (2004). The Study to Impact of Architecture-Fengshui for the Effects of the Buying Housing--An Example to Kaohsiung-Pingtung Area. Bulletin of National Pingtung Institute of Commerce,6.421-433
â€¢ Bourassa, Steven C. and Peng, Vincent S.(1999).Hedonic Prices and House
â€¢ Numbers: The Influence of Feng Shui.International Real Estate Review,
â€¢ Chen, Shu-Hui (2005). The Influence of Lu-Chun on the Land Prices. A Master Thesis of the Department of Finance, National Yunlin University Science and Technology.
â€¢ Hsieh,Yung-Jin (2005).MasterHsieh Yung Jinâ€™s Advanced Fengshui Guide Book-Outer Negative Energy. Taiwan Taipei: Both Techart Co., Ltd.
â€¢ Hsu, Chen Yi, He, Ming Jang, Luo Yuan Rong (2012). Using the Multiple Criteria Decision Making to Discuss the Influence of Feng Shui on the Decision-Making of House Purchasing.Journal of National Formosa University, 30(4), 49-61.
â€¢ Huang, Kan-Chung (2012).Cognitive of Feng Shui and itâ€™s Impacts on willness
â€¢ of housing purchase- A case study in Tainan. Journal of Architecture and
â€¢ Planning, 13 (1), 27-44.
â€¢ Lin, Chiou-Mien (2007). The Influence of Feng Shui on the Real Estate Prices. Land Issues Research Quartely, 6(1), 45-52.
â€¢ Lin, Chu-Chia and Huang, Li-Jung (2014).An Estimation of the Impact of Unwanted
â€¢ Fengshui on the Prices of Commercial Real Estate in Taiwan. Journal of
â€¢ Housing Studies, 23(1), 51-72.
â€¢ Lin, Chu-Chia and Ma, Yu-Jyun (2009). The Estimated of Unwanted Facilities and Adverse Environment on Housing Price. The Project of National Science Research Council. No.NSC 96-2415-H-004-011-MY2
â€¢ Lin, Hong-Mow (2012).The Effect of NIMBY on Real Estate Prices from People Conceptâ€“A Case Study in Chiayi County. A Master Thesis of the Department of Land Management and Development, ChangJung Christian University.
â€¢ Tam, C. M., Tso, Y.N. and Lam, K. C. (1999). Feng Shui and its impacts on land
â€¢ and property developments. Journal of Urban Planning and Development,
â€¢ 125(4), 152-163.
â€¢ Tu, Ya-Jhen (2012).The Influence of Feng Shui on Different Housing Prices.A Master Thesis of the Department ofEconomics, National Cheng Chi University.
â€¢ Wang, Yu-De (2012).The Method of Chinese Geomancy. Taiwan Taipei: Wen Jin.
â€¢ Yang, Chung-Hsien and Su, Shing-Huei (2012).The Impacts of Housing Price in
â€¢ YIMBY and NIMBY Facilities. Journal of Housing Studies, 20(2), 61-80.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.