Strengthening the Social Function of Land Rights through Learning Priangan Agraria Study in Civic Education Perspective (A study in Vocational High School, Pasawahan, Ciamis)
Keywords:Keywords, social function, civic education.
This study aims to explore the extent of how â€œPriangan Agrarian Studyâ€, a subject taught at Vocational High School (SMK) Pasawahan in Ciamis, West Java, could strengthen the peopleâ€™s understanding of social function of land. The researcher believes that adequate understanding of the function will contribute to the enforcement of agrarian law. The study used a qualitative and explorative research methodology to find new ideas, relations as well as problems to produce a new grounded theory. This study was conducted at SMK Pasawahan by using purposive sampling. The data was analyzed by using interactive analytical model. Based on the study, it was found that (1) the â€œPriangan Agrarian Studyâ€ was taught by the school in a bid to equip its students with knowledge, skills and mindset about agrarian reform; (2) SMK Pasawahan has developed its studentsâ€™ competencies through active learning process, discussions, problem-based learning, simulation and research about agrarian life in rural areas; (3) â€œPriangan Agrarian Studyâ€can be used as an alternative solution to shape citizensâ€™ characters so that they have more awareness in implementing the social function of land. Based on Priangan Agrarian Study, this article develops a model of civic education that promotes teaching on social function of land. The model is based on developing three competences that include: (1) civic knowledge (discussing knowledge on social function of land); (2) civic dispositions (discussing characters needed to implement social function of land); and (3) civic skills (discussing skills needed to cultivate and use land according to its social.
Center for Civic Education, â€œNational Standars for Civic and Governmentâ€, Calabasas (CCE), pp. 1-5, 127-135, 1994.
Cholisin, Konsolidasi Demokrasi Melalui Pengembangan Karakter Kewarganegaraan [The Consolidation of Democracy Through Developing Civic Characters]â€, Jurnal Civics. 1, 1, Yogyakarta 14-28, ISSN 1829-5789, 2004..
Effendi, â€œDimensi/dinamika hak asasi manusia dalam hukum nasional dan internasional [Dimension/dynamics of human rights in national and international law]â€, Jakarta (Ghalia Indonesia), p. 33, 1994.
Harsono, Boedi,, â€œHukum Agraria Indonesia [Indonesian agrarian law]â€, Jakarta (Penerbit Djambatan), pp. 140, 1997.
Limbong, â€œKonflik Pertanahan [Land disputes]â€, Jakarta (Margaretha Pustaka), pp. 122-123, 2011.
Miles, M. B., & Huberman, A. M.. â€œQualitative data analysis, a sourcebook of new methodsâ€,Beverlly Hills CA (Sage Publications, Inc), pp. 21-22, 1984.
Parlindungan, â€œKomentar Atas Undang-Undang PokokAgraria [Commentary on the law of agrarian]â€, Bandung (Mandar Maju), p. 65, 1998.
Rasyidi, â€œPengantar Filsafat Hukum [Introduction to the philosophy of law]â€, Bandung (Mandar Maju), p. 120, 2002.
Republic of Indonesia, Constitution of 1945.
Republic of Indonesia, Law No. 5/1960 on Basic Regulation of Agrarian.
Republic of Indonesia, Law No. 20/2003 on National Education System States.
Republic of Indonesia, Permen No. 22/2005 on Standard Of Contents Units For Primary And Secondary
The Peopleâ€™s Consultative Assembly. Decree No. IX/MPR/2001 on Agrarian Reform and the Management of Natural Resources.
Triyanto. â€œPenguatan HAKI untuk penegakan hukum : Studi Peran Pendidikan Kewarganegaraan [The strengthening of HAKI for law enforcement: A study on the role of civic education]â€, Doctorate dissertation, UPI Bandung, p. 228, 2011.
Winaputra.. â€œMembangun Ethos Demokrasi Melalui Proyek Belajar Kami Bangsa Indonesia (Materi Penataran) [Developing democratic ethos through â€œBelajar Kami Bangsa Indonesiaâ€ projects (A workshop)]â€, Bandung: CICED, pp. 317-318, 2001.
Winaputra, and Budimansyah, â€œCivic Education : Konteks, Landasan, Bahan Ajar Dan Kultur Kelas [Civic Education: Context, Platform, Teaching Material and Culture Class]â€, Civic Education Study Program, Postgarduate Program, UPI Bandung, p. 10, 2007.
The State Secretariat of Republic of Indonesia, â€œPenyusutan Luas Lahan Tanaman Pangan Perlu Diwaspadai [The shrinkage of corpfields needs to be watched carefully]â€, accessed from http://www.setneg.go.id/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4617&Itemid=29, 2010.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.