Ranking Agro-Ecological & Socio-Economic Constraints in Agricultural using Fuzzy Ranking Method based on Radius of Gyration of Centroids
Keywords:centroid â€“ points, fuzzy numbers, ranking, farmersâ€™ constraints in agriculture
Ranking fuzzy numbers plays a very important role in linguistic decision making and some other fuzzy application systems such as data analysis, artificial intelligence and socio economic systems.Â Many methods have been proposed to deal with ranking fuzzy numbers.Â However, the methods were never been simplified and tested in real life application.Â In this paper a new method is proposed to rank fuzzy numbers based on radius of gyration point of centroids and its application in ranking technical constraints faced by the farmers in agriculture especially on paddy cultivation.Â This method is relatively simple and easier in computation to rank farmersâ€™ technical constraints in agriculture.
Bortolan, G., & Degani, R. A review of some methods for ranking fuzzy subsets, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 1 â€“ 99, 1985.
Burrough, P.A., Fuzzy Mathematical Methods for Soil Survey and land evaluation, Journal of Soil Science, Vol. 40, No. 8, pp. 477 â€“ 492, 1989.
Chen, S.J., & Hwang, C.L. Fuzzy Multiple Attribute Decision Making, Springer, Berlin, 1992.
Cheng, C. H., A New approach for ranking fuzzy numbers by distance method, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol. 95, pp. 307 â€“ 317, 1998.
Chu, T., Tsao, C. Ranking fuzzy numbers with an area between the centroid point and original point, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 43, pp. 111 â€“ 117, 2002.
Jain, R. Decision â€“ making in the presence of fuzzy variable. IEEE Transactions on Systems Man, and Cybrenctics, Vol. 6, pp. 698 â€“ 703, 1976.
Jayakumar, S. & Hari Ganesh, A. Fuzzy Multi Criteria Group Decision Making (Mcgdm) Approach for variety selection in Rice Farming, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 6(12), 308 â€“ 318, 2012.
Jayakumar, S., Hari Ganesh, A., Ranking Farmersâ€™ Technical Constraints in Agricultural using Centroid point of fuzzy numbers: A Study, Proceedings of International Conference on Mathematical Methods and Computation, Jamal Academic Research Journal (JARJ), Special Issue, pp. 727 â€“ 733, 2014.
Murakami, S. et al., Fuzzy decision analysis on the development of centralized regional energy control system, in: IFAC symposium on Fuzzy Information Knowledge Representation and Decision Analysis pp.363 â€“ 368, 1983.
Shieh. B.S. An approach to centroids of fuzzy numbers, International Journal of Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 9, No.1, pp. 51 â€“ 54, 2007.
Wang, X., & Kerre, E.E. Reasonable properties for the ordering of fuzzy quantities (I), Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 118, 375 â€“ 385, 2001.
Wang, Y.M. et al. On the centroids of fuzzy numbers, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 157, 919 â€“ 926, 2006.
Wang, Y.J., Lee, H.S. The revised method of ranking fuzzy numbers with an area between the centroid and original points, Computers and Mathematics with applications, Vol. 55, pp. 2033-2042, 2008.
Yager, R.R. A procedure for ordering fuzzy subsets of the unit interval, Information Sciences, Vol. 24, pp. 143 â€“ 161, 1981.
Yong & Liu. Ranking fuzzy numbers with an area method using radius of gyration, Computers and Mathematics with applications. 51, 1127 â€“ 1136, 2006.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.