A Survey on Applications of Select Mathematical Operators in Other Disciplines
Keywords:Differential operator, integration operator, nabla operator, delta operator
The exponential boom in information technology in the past few decades has altogether revolutionized the way courses belonging to different disciplines are imparted, learnt and employed in the practical fields.Â Instead of having to understand the true purpose and applicability of pertinent mathematical concepts and operators, the students directly resort to the simulation and modeling software programs pertaining to various disciplines. This leaves the learners with the dilemma of not grasping the true essence and spirit of mathematical concepts and operators working in the background of these software programs. To partly address this issue, this paper presents a survey of various mathematical operators that are frequently employed in other branches of learning in diverse ways.
Obelus, Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obelus
Summation, Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summation
Partial derivatives, Available at : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial_derivative
What is nerve conduction?, Available at: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/test_procedures/neurological/nerve_conduction_velocity_92,p07657/
Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_potential
Available at: form the second -moment matrix :http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~lowe/425/slides/4-Edges.pdf
Available at: http://www.mathwords.com/a/average_value_function.htm
Available at: http://health.uottawa.ca/biomech/courses/apa6903/CrashTestsHIC.pdf, pp 165
Available at: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html
List of computer simulation software, Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_computer_simulation_software
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.