Non-uniqueness of Strassenâ€™s Sub-cubic Matrix Multiplication Formula
AbstractAn alternative expression for Strassenâ€™s matrix multiplicaton for-
mula is derived to show that, the original expressions for the formula
is not unique.
Cohn, H; Kleinberg, R: Szegedy, B and Umans, C. Group-theoretic al-
gorithms for matrix multiplication. 46th Annual IEEE Symposium on
Foundations of Computer Science, (FOCS 2005). p 379, 1970.
Coppersmith, Don and Winograd, Shmuel. Matrix multiplication via
arithmetic progressions. Journal of Symbolic Computation 9 (3): 251,
Vol. 20, 1-24, 1990.
Davie, A. M. and Stothers, A. J. Improved bound for matrix multiplica-
tion. Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburg 143A, 351-370, 2013.
Le Gall, Francois. Power of Tensors and fast matrix multiplication. Pro-
ceedinds of the 39th International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic
Robinson, Sara. Towards an optimal algorithm for matrix mutiplication.
SIAM News 38 (9), 2005.
Stothers, Andrew. On the Complexity of Matrix Multiplication. 2010.
Williams, Virginia. Breaking the coppersmith-winograd barrier. 2011.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.