Steel Fibre Reinforced Concrete Beams with Externally Bonded FRP Laminates
Keywords:GFRP, Regression analysis, SFRC, Strengthening.
This paper presents regression equations for predicting the performance characteristics of steel fibre reinforced concrete beams strengthened with glass fibre reinforced polymers (GFRP) laminates. A total of four beams of dimension 150mm x 250mm x 3000mm were cast and tested to study the effectiveness of GFRP on steel fibre reinforced concrete beams. A fibre volume fraction of 1% was used in this study. Beams were strengthened with UDCGFRP laminates of 3mm and 5mm thickness. All the beams were subjected to two-point loading and tested upto failure. Deflections were measured through appropriate instrumentation at all stages of loading. The GFRP strengthened SFRC beams exhibit increased strength and composite action until failure.
Alberto Meda, Fausto Minelli and Giovanni A Plizzari, â€œFlexural Behavior of RC Beams in Fiber Reinforced Concreteâ€, Composites: Part B 43, Elsevier Journals Pvt. Ltd., 2012.
Song P.S. and Hwang S, â€œMechanical properties of high-strength steel fiber reinforced concreteâ€, Construction and Building Materials, pp. 669-676, 2004.
Li Lj, Guo YC, Liu F, Bungey JH, â€œAn experimental and numerical study of the effect of thickness and length of CFRP on performance of repaired reinforced concrete beamâ€, Construction Building Materials, vol. 20, pp. 901-909, 2005.
Fatih Altun , Tefaruk Haktanir, Kamura Ari., â€œEffects of steel fiber addition on mechanical properties of concrete and RC beamsâ€, Construction and Building Materials, vol. 21, pp. 654â€“661.
Yin J, Z.S Wu, â€œStructural Performances of Short Steel-Fiber Reinforced Concrete Beams with Externally Bonded FRP Sheetsâ€, Construction and Building Materials, vol. 17, no. 01, pp. 463-470, 2003.
Lijuan L, Yong-chang G, Pei-yan H, Feng L, Jiang Z., â€œTest analysis for FRC beams strengthened with externally bonded FRP sheetsâ€, Construction and Building Material, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 2394-2401, 2009.
H. Yang, C. Joh, and B. S. Kim., â€œFlexural strength of ultra high strength concrete beams reinforced with steel fibersâ€, Procedia Engineering 14, pp. 793â€“796, 2011.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.