Parametric CNC Programming for Aluminum Extrusion-Moulds
Keywords:Mould Machining, Group Technology, CNC programming, macro program
The paper first presents a classification of aluminum extrusion-moulds via an analysis of the mouldsâ€™ geometric structures and their machining processes. Then the paper puts forward an idea of parametric CNC programming of machining the aluminum extrusion-moulds, and points out some key problems as well as their solutions on instancing the parametric CNC programs in term of the CNC machining processes and the technical behaviors. The paper is of a good reference for CNC programming as the macro packages programmed under the guidance of the principles introduced in the paper have obtained excellent effects when applied on Mitsubishi systems and FANUC 0i systems.
Colin Crompton Gallagher, Winston Anthony Knight, Group Technology, Butterworths,1973.
LI Yian hua,â€The exploration and application for macro-program technology in the numerical controlling machiningâ€ The journal of Mechanical Design and Manufacture,pp:142-143,2006.
Yin Bao-zu, "NC Parameter Programming Technology and Its Application", Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Vol.21, No.3, pp 60-64, 2005 (in Chinese).
LV Xiao min,â€The research of quadratic curve NC machining for macro- programâ€, Hefei University of Technology,2010.
WU Zing guang, the application of quadric surface milling for macro- program with FANUC Oi system[D], HeFei University of Technology,2010.
XU Guo quan, CHEN Ya gang, improve machining efficiency with The clever application for macro- program[J],The journal of Mechanotronics,pp:74-75,2011.
NIE Ying, the application of macro-program for the milling with numerical control programming[J], Enterprise technology development project,pp:4-6,2012.
LEI Gang, the discusses and application of macro-program with NC programming[J],The journal of Hunan agricultural machinery,pp:50-51,2012.
S. K. Sinha .Automating Facing Operation On a CNC Machining centre ,International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology,Vol 2, No.12, pp: 7616-7618, 2010.
Mike Lynch. Parametric Programming for Computer Numerical Control Machine Tools and Touch Probes: CNC's Best-kept Secret. pp:433,1997.
M Djassemi. A parametric programming technique for efficient CNC machining operations. Computers & industrial engineering. Volume 35, Issues 1â€“2, pp:33â€“36, 1998.
Manocher Djassemi. An Efficient CNC Programming Approach Based on Group Technology. Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Volume 19, Issue 3, January 1, pp: 213-217, 2000.
Douglas P. Fenster, T. Carrier. â€¦On the direct programming of CNC milling equipment. Computers & Industrial Engineering , Volume 17, Issues 1â€“4, pp: 252â€“257, 1989.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.