Factors that Influence Entrepreneurship Decision Making in Shaping the Characteristics Entrepreneurial of MSMEs among Women in Makassar City
Keywords:Personality Factors, Contextual Element, Characteristics entrepreneurial and Entrepreneurial Decisions
This study aims to test and find out how the influence between relationships of personality factors and contextual element to entrepreneurship decision making through characteristics entrepreneurial. This type of research is a quantitative-qualitative approach (Mixed Methode). The population in the study was the overall micro small and medium enterprises MSMEs which amounted to 8,756 people / businesses. The sample used in this study using probability sampling was obtained by a sample of 382 respondents / businesses while informants amounted to 3 people who were determined using technical purposive sampling that had the capacity as a key informant in accordance with the criteria.The analytical technique used in hypothesis testing is to use SEM (Structural Equation Modeling) analysis with the help of the AMOS Ver,- program,-. The results of quantitative research and transcripts of the interview process conducted at qualitative stages analyzed descriptively showed that the influence of indirectly personality factors had a significant effect on characteristics entrepreneurial, contextual element had a significant effect on entrepreneurial characteristics. The direct influence of personality factors has a significant effecat on entrepreneurship decisions, contextual element has a significant effect on entrepreneurship decisions and characteristics entrepreneurial have a significant effect on entrepreneurship decisions.
Portales, L. Social Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship, Fundamentals, Concepts and Tools, doi: 10.1007/978- 3-030-13456-3, (2019).
Freytag, A. and Thurik, A.R., Entrepreneurship and culture(New York: Springer, 2010).
Skala, A., Digital Startups In Transition Economies : Challenges For Management, Entrepreneurship and Education (1sted.). Springer International Publishing, Palgrave Pivot,https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01500-8 Library, 2019.
Hernandez R., Intención emprendedora: es influenciada por factores de personalidad y género?(Entrepreneurial Drive: Is it Influenced by Personality and Gender Factors?), Journal Entrepreneurial Drive: Is it Influenced, 4(2),2018.
Baron.R., Cognitive mechanisms in entrepreneurship: Why and when enterpreneurs think differently than other people, Journal of Business Venturing, 13(4),1998.
Rakib. M, Tawe. A, Zainal. A, and Farwita, S., The Relationship Analysis of Entrepreneurial Interests: Entrepreneurial Literacy, Self-Eficacy, And Entrepreneurial Characters Vocational Students, Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research, 3rd International Conference on Education, Science, and Technology (ICEST 2019), 2019, 481.
Miguel, D, Otín, C, Ortega Zayas, M and de la Fuente, F., Elements of internal and external logic that explain affective experience of high school physical education students, Journal Publicaciones de la Facultad de Educacion y Humanidades del Campus de Melilla, 50(1), 2020.
Saarinen, J, Rogerson, C, and Hall, C. M. Geographies of tourism development and planning, Journal Tourism Geographies, 2017, 19(3).
Postigo, Á, Cuesta, M, Pedrosa, I, Muñiz, J and García-Cueto, E. Development of a computerized adaptive test to assess entrepreneurial personality, Journal Psicologia: Reflexao e Critica, 33(1),2020.
Rakib. M, Tawe. A, Azis. M, Syam. A and Sanusi. A. Determinants of entrepreneurial Intention: empirical study of student Entrepreneurs, Academy Of Enterpreneurship Journal, 26(3),2020.
Ahadi, S and Kasraie, S. Contextual factors of entrepreneurship intention in manufacturing SMEs: the case study of Iran, Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 27(4), 2020.
Hamid, N, Savitri, F, Perwita, A, Wahab and Purandina, Y. The New Social Construction of Entrepreneurship: From Professional Workers to Moslempreneurs, Journal Webology, 18(3),2021.
Guerrero, M and Espinoza-Benavides, J. Does entrepreneurship ecosystem influence business re-entries after failure? International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, 17(1), 2021.
Shepherd, D, Williams, T and Patzelt, H., Thinking About Entrepreneurial Decision Making: Review and Research Agenda, Journal of Management, 41(1), 2015.
Sahabuddin. R.,Effect of Entrepreneurship Commitment to Self-Efficacy through Intention of Entrepreneurship and Competence, International Journal of Business and Management Science, 2017, 1985-692X.
Putera W., Sahabudin R., Rakib M., and Lestari I., The Influence of Facilities and Innovation in Improving Consumer Satisfaction Through Creativity in MSMEs Micro Handicraft Products in South Sulawesi Province, American Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Research (AJHSSR), 5(6), 2021, 01-13.
Williams, M and Hovorka, A., Contextualizing youth entrepreneurship: The case of botswana's young farmers fund, Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship, 18(4), 2013.
Wilson, R and Hagler, D. Through the lens of instructional design: Appraisal of the Jeffries/national league for nursing simulation framework for use in acute care, Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 43(9), 2019.
Putera, W.,Sahabuddin, R and Rakib, M. 2021. Competitive advantages influence on marketing performance: Study On Food And Beverage MSMEs. American Journal Of Humanities and Social Sciences Research (AJHSSR), 4(1), 75-83.
Estrin, S, Korosteleva, J and Mickiewicz, T. Better Means More: Property Rights and High-Growth Aspiration Entrepreneurship, SSRN Electronic Journal, 2021.
Latan H. dan Temalagi S., Analisis Multivariate Teknik dan Aplikasi Menggunakan Program IBM SPSS 20,0 (Bandung: Penerbit Alfabeta, 2013).
Hair J., Anderson R., Tatham R. and Black W., Multivariate Data Analysis, Multivariate Data Analysis (2018).
Putera. W, Sahabuddin.R, Rakib. M and Girikallo.A. Effect of Service Quality on Customer Satisfaction Through Customer Value in PDAM Kota Makassar (Customer Approach in Developing Clean Water Product Services to Customers), 5(10), 2020,2456-2165.
Putera, W.,Alimuddin.,Yahya,L.I., Magfirah,Factors that Affect Employee Welfare in Improving Employee Performance at PT. Semen Indonesia (SIG) Persero TBK. Asian Journal of Science and Management Technology, 3(3), 2021, 71-92.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Asian Journal of Business and Management
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under aÂ Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.