Overview of Microfinance's Performances in CEE-SEE COUNTRIES
Keywords:microfinance, non-bank financial institutions, global financial crises, CEE-SEE
AbstractMicro financing is an important chain of the financial system and represents a good opportunity for the development of the small businesses, especially in developing countries. It also provides savings and credit services to low-income people, helping them to increase their living standard and to alleviate poverty in the economy. This paper aims to analyze the micro-finance in CEESEE countries and brings evidence how this market has developed in the last decade, having a special focus to the influence of the systemic risks. The estimated results from single panel OLS regressions shows that the performance of microfinance institutions in the region is statically influenced by domestic condition, while we didnâ€™t find a clear evidence for the influence of the international capital market in microfinance institutions performance.
How to Cite
Suljoti, E., & Dushku, E. (2013). Overview of Microfinance’s Performances in CEE-SEE COUNTRIES. Asian Journal of Business and Management, 1(3). Retrieved from https://ajouronline.com/index.php/AJBM/article/view/351
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under aÂ Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.