Students’ Mathematics Learning Model in the Integration of Character Value (PMT-Character)
Keywords:Development, PMT-Character, Islamic Mathematics
This study aims to determine valid, practical and effective characteristics of the mathematics learning model in the integration of character values of mathematics education students. This study is a Research and Development (R&D). The process of model development refers to the Plomp development model, which includes 4 phases, namely (1) the initial investigation phase, (2) the design phase, (3) the realization phase and (4) the test, evaluation and revision phase. There was twice the test activity in this study—the first test conducted in class A and the second in class B. The sample was the students in the Mathematics Education Study Program, Faculty of Tarbiyah and Teacher Training at the IAIN Palopo Third Semester 2020. The results showed that the PMT- character meets the valid criteria with a value of 3.72. There are two results obtained in the first test. (1) The PMT-Character model is practical, but there are still some things that need to be revised based on the suggestions of observers. (2) The PMT-Character model has been ineffective because of the three indicators and only one indicator that meets the student response indicator. In contrast, student learning outcomes and student activities in internalizing character values have not been met. The analysis results in the first test were used to revise the model and its devices before proceeding to the second trial stage. The results of the second test are: (1) the PMT-Character model has been practical; (2) the PMT-Character model has been effective. Following the development phase, the PMT-Character model was obtained that was valid, practical, and effective and had three characteristics, namely: (1) the PMT-Character model was developed as an integration model of character values , which proceeds in stages and hierarchically following the stages of learning implementation; (2) the model is designed to internalize the character values that exist in students through several supporting activities; (3) the tools used are designed to be attractive and integrated with Islamic values;
Andayani, D., & Majid, A. (2004). Pendidikan Agama Islam Berbasis Kompetensi. Remaja Rosdakarya.
Bishop, A., Mellin-Olsen, S., & Dormolen, J. van. (2010). Mathematical Knowledge: Its Growth Through Teaching. Springer Netherlands.
Bybee, R. W. (2013). Translating the NGSS for classroom instruction. NSTA Press, National Science Teachers Association.
STANDAR KEAGAMAAN PENDIDIKAN TINGGI KEAGAMAAN ISLAM, Pub. L. No. 102 (2019). http://lpm.uinjambi.ac.id/media/files/2019/07/STANDAR_KEAGAMAAN.pdf
Fadillah, S., Suhaida, D., Nurhayati, N., & Darma, Y. (2019). Analysis of Learning Model and Mathematical Material to Build Students’ Character through Mathematics Learning. JETL (Journal of Education, Teaching and Learning), 4(2), 345–349. https://doi.org/10.26737/jetl.v4i2.960
Joyce, B., Weil, M., & Calhoun, E. (2011). Models of Teaching: Model-Model Pengajaran (8th Ed). Pustaka Pelajar.
Jumsai, A.-O. (2008). Model Pembelajaran Nilai-nilai Kemanusiaan Terpadu. Yayasan Pendidikan Sathya Sai Indonesia.
Peraturan Menteri Pendidikan Dan Kebudayaan Nomor 16 Tahun 2007, 16 § Permendikbud Tentang Standar Kualifikasi Akademik dan Kompetensi Guru (2007). https://peraturanpedia.id/peraturan-menteri-pendidikan-dan-kebudayaan-nomor-16-tahun-2007/
Krathwohl, D. R., Bloom, B. S., & Masia, B. B. (1964). Taxonomy Of Educational Objectives. David Mckay Company.
Lickona, T. (1992). Educating for Character: How Our Schools Can Teach Respect and Responsibility (Bantam Trade Paperback Ed edition). Bantam.
Lincoln, E., & AmaLee, I. (2007). 12 Nilai Dasar Perdamaian: Buku Panduan Untuk Guru. Pelangi Mizan.
PERATURAN MENTERI PENDIDIKAN DAN KEBUDAYAAN REPUBLIK INDONESIA, Pub. L. No. 20 (2018). https://jdih.kemdikbud.go.id/arsip/Permendikbud_Tahun2018_Nomor20.pdf
PERATURAN MENTERI PENDIDIKAN NASIONAL REPUBLIK INDONESIA, Pub. L. No. 41, 2007.
Standar Nasional Pendidikan [JDIH BPK RI], 19 § Peraturan Pemerintah (PP) tentang Standar Nasional Pendidikan (2005). https://peraturan.bpk.go.id/Home/Details/49369/pp-no-19-tahun-2005
Satrianawati, S. (2015). BUILDING CHARACTER OF STUDENT IN THE 21ST CENTURY BY LEARNING MATHEMATICS. Proceedin International Seminar Of Science Educatioon. http://eprints.uad.ac.id/6371/
Siahaan, U. M. J. (2019). Teacher’s perspective on values of mathematics. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1157, 042105. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1157/4/042105
Sugiyono. (2017). Metode Penelitian dan Pengembangan (Research and Development): Untuk Bidang Pendidikan, Manajemen, Sosial, dan Teknik (1st Edition). Alfabeta.
Supinah, & Parmi, I. T. (2011). PENGEMBANGAN PENDIDIKAN BUDAYA DAN KARAKTER BANGSA MELALUI PEMBELAJARAN MATEMATIKA DI SD. Kementerian Pendidikan Nasional. http://p4tkmatematika.org/file/Bermutu%202011/SD/17.PENGEMBANGAN%20PENDIDIKAN%20BUDAYA%20DAN%20KARAKTER....pdf
UNESCO Bangkok. (2006). Development of Information Literacy through School Libraries in South-East Asian Countries (IFAP Project 461RAS5027). In UNESCO Bangkok. UNESCO Bangkok. https://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED496352
Zubaedi. (2012). Design Pendidikan Karakter: Konsepsi dan Aplikasinya dalam Lembaga Pendidikan. Kencana Prenada Media Group.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Nur Rahma, Suradi Tahmir, Muhammad Arif Tiro
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.