Hydrogen Sulfide Adsorption improvement of Bayah Natural Zeolite
Keywords:Natural zeolite, Ferric chloride Hexahydrate, Ultrasonic, Hydrogen sulfide
AbstractHydrogen sulfide adsorption performance of sonicated natural zeolite in the Ferric chloride hexahydrate solution has been studied.Â In this research natural zeolite exposed with high intensity ultrasonic waves for 40 minutes, 80 minutes and 120 minutes. Qualitative analysis and characterization of modified zeolite carry out with X-ray diffraction, Infrared spectroscopy, BET adsorption desorption, LAS particle size analysis and scanning electron microscopy prior and after H2S adsorption.Â Natural zeolite phase are clipnotilolite and mordenite phase with 0.99%wt and 0.512 x 10-3 %wt respectively.Â By adding 5gr FeCl3.6H2O and ultrasonic exposure, zeolite chemical and physical properties such as chemical composition, particle size, surface area and pore radius are improved.Â Hydrogen sulfide %wt adsorption effectiveness showing that modified zeolite higher 70-117% comparing with unmodified zeolite.
Trisunaryanti W, Syoufian A and Purwono, â€œCharacterization and Modification of Indonesian Natural Zeolite for Hydrocracking of Waste Lubricant Oil into Liquid Fuel Fractionâ€, Journal Chemical Engineering, vol.7, pp. 175-180, 2013.
Al-Jabri M, â€œKajian Penetapan Kapasitas Tukar kation Zeolit sebagai Pembenah Tanah untuk lahan Terdegradasiâ€, Journal Terstandarisasi, vol. 10, no.2, pp.56-69, 2008.
Sukmasari Antaria, â€œThe Ability of Natural Zeolite Toraja South Sulawesi as Absorbent Heavy Metal Copper (Cu)â€, Journal Asian Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 05, pp. 1083-1086, 2017.
Yunita Sari, Siska Titik Dwiyati, â€Korosi H2S dan CO2 pada Peralatan Statik di Industri Minyak dan Gasâ€, Journal Konversi Energi dan Manufaktur UNJ, vol.1, pp. 18-22, 2015.
Bang J H, Kenneth S S, â€Applications of Ultrasound to the Synthesis of Nanostructured Materialsâ€, Journal Advance Material, vol.22, pp.1039â€“59, 2010.
Kim W, Choi D, Kim S, â€œSonochemical Synthesis of Zeolite A from Metakaolinite in NaOH Solutionâ€, Journal Materials Transactions, Vol. 51, No. 9, pp. 1694-1698, 2010.
Saryati, Supardi, Supandi S, Rohmad S, â€œPenghilangan Logam berat dalam Larutan dengan Zeolit Alamâ€, Journal Zeolit Indonesia, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 33-39, 2010.
Nilesh P, Parag RV, Vishwas YG, Aniruddha DB, â€Mixing time analysis of a sonochemical reactorâ€, Journal Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, Vol.8, pp. 22-33, 2001.
Andac Ã–, TatlÄ±er M, Lu A S, Senatalar, â€Effects of ultrasound on zeolite A synthesisâ€, Journal Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, Vol.79, pp. 225â€“233, 2005.
Baerlocher, CH, Mc.Cusker, L.B, & Olson, D.H, â€œAtlas of Zeolite framework types (6th Ed.)â€, International Zeolite Association, 2007.
Leoning, Jan-Martin, Horst, Christian, Hoffmann, Ulrich, â€ Investigations on the energy conversion in sonochemical processesâ€, Journal Ultrasonic Sonochemistry, Vol.9, pp.169â€“179, 2001.
Shahram Seidi, Yadollah Yamini, â€Analytical sonochemistry developments, applications and hyphenations of ultrasound in sample preparation and analytical techniqueâ€, Journal Central European Chemistry, vol.10, No.4, pp. 938-976, 2011.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.