Nonlinear Performance Evaluation of High Rise Building Structure
Keywords:Performance, Nonlinear, Earthquake, Structure
AbstractPerformance evaluation can provide information on how far an earthquake will affect building structure. This is important for evaluating the seismic behavior of post-yield building structures. The purposes of this study were to evaluate the story shear force that occurred, evaluate the distribution of plastic hinge, and evaluate the high rise building structure performance level during an earthquake. This research was conducted using static nonlinear analysis and calculated using capacity spectrum method. The plastic hinges that formed in the global-x and global-y direction were 1 and 52. Several elements are in collapse prevention level. This shows the element behavior and performance on performance point were not good. The performance level of building structure based on the calculation was damage control. The results show that the building structure was not efficient enough, because for a return period of 2500 years based on SNI 1726-2012, building performance was expected at damage control level.
Dong P, Guo H, â€œA Framework for automated assessment of post-earthquake building damage using geospatial dataâ€, International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 33, no. 1, pp.81-100, 2012.
Mamesah H Y, â€œAnalisis Pushover pada Bangunan dengan Soft First Storyâ€, International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 33, no. 1, pp.81-100, 2012.
Dya A F C, Oretaa A W C, â€œSeismic Vulnerability Assessment of Soft Story Irregular Buildings using Pushover Analysisâ€, Proceeding of The 5th International Conference of Euro Asia Civil Engineering Forum (EACEF-5), pp. 925-932, 2012.
Nurhadi M, Budi A S, Supardi, â€œEvaluasi Kinerja Gaya Gempa pada Struktur Gedung Bertingkat dengan Analisis Pushover berdasar pada Drift dan Displacement menggunakan Software Etabs (Studi Kasus : Hotel di Wilayah Karanganyar)â€, e-Jurnal Matriks Teknik Sipil, vol. 2, no. 2, pp.123-130, 2014.
Dewobroto W, â€œEvaluasi Kinerja Bangunan Baja Taha Gempa dengan SAP2000â€, Computers and Structurs, vol. 8, no. 3, pp.2483-2943, 2002.
Hasan R, Xu L, Grierson D E, â€œPush-over Analysis for Performance Based Seismic Designâ€, Jurnal Teknik Sipil, vol. 3, no. 1, pp.7-24, 2006.
Zou X K, Cham C M, â€œOptimal Seismic Performance-Based Design of Reinforced Concrete Buildings using Nonlinear Pushover Analysisâ€, Engineering Structure, vol. 27, no. 8, pp.1289-1302, 2005.
Tso W K, Moghadam A S, â€œPushover Procedure for Seismic Analysis of Buildingsâ€, Progress in Structural Engineering and Materials, vol. 1, no. 3, pp.337-344, 1998.
Kovela P R, Balaji K V G D, Raju G S S S V, Rao S S, â€œNonlinear Pushover Analysis for Performance Based Engineering Design - A Reviewâ€, International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology, vol. 5, no. 3, pp.1293-1300, 2017.
Mahdi T, Gharraie S, â€œPlan Irregular RC Frames: Comparison of Pushover with Nonlinear Dynamic Analysisâ€, Asian Journal of Civil Engineering (Building and Housing), vol. 12, no. 6, pp.213-224, 2011.
Khan R A, â€œPerformance Based Seismic Design of Reinforced Concrete Buildingâ€, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 3, no. 6, pp.13495-13506, 2014.
Krawinkler H, Seneviratna G D P K, â€œ. Pros and Cons of Pushover Analysis of Seismic Performance Evaluationâ€ Engineering Structures, vol. 20, no. 4-6, pp.452-464, 1998.
Pranata Y A, â€œEvaluasi Kinerja Gedung Beton Bertulang Tahan Gempa dengan Pushover Analysis (Sesuai ATC-40, FEMA 356, dan FEMA 440)â€, Jurnal Teknik Sipil, vol. 3, no. 1, pp.41-52, 2006.
Applied Technology Council. ATC 40, Seismic Evaluation an Retrofit of Concrete Buildings (ATC), USA, 1996
Badan Standardisasi Nasional. SNI 1726-2012, Tata Cara Perencanaan Ketahanan Gempa untuk Struktur Bangunan Gedung dan Non Gedung (BSN). INA, 2012
Badan Standardisasi Nasional. SNI 1727-2013, Beban Minimum untuk Perancangan Bangunan Gedung dan Struktur Lain (BSN). INA, 2013
Departemen Pekerjaan Umum. PPURG, Pedoman Perencanaan Pembebanan untuk Rumah dan Gedung (Yayasan Badan Penerbit PU). INA, 1987
Badan Standardisasi Nasional. SNI 1726-2002, Standar Perencanaan Ketahanan Gempa untuk Struktur Bangunan Gedung (BSN). INA, 2012
Oh S H, Jeon J, â€œ. A Study on Optimum Distribution of Story Shear Force Coefficient for Seismic Design of Multi-story Structureâ€ International Journal of High-Rise Buildings, vol. 3, no. 2, pp.121-145, 1994.
Budiono B, Dewi N T H, Kristalya M, Manik S L C, Ong E H K, Contoh Desain Bangunan Tahan Gempa dengan Sistem Rangka Pemikul Momen Khusus dan Sistem Dinding Struktur Khusus di Jakarta (Penerbit ITB), INA, 2017
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.