Baby Spa Effect on Growth
Keywords:Spa baby, massage, Weight and Body length
The aim of the study was to determine the effectiveness of Baby Spa on the growth of body weight and body length in infants aged 3-12 months. This research is a quasi-experimental study with a pretest-posttest design with control group design. The number of respondents as many as 70 respondents consisting of 1 group (35 respondents) with Baby Spa treatment and 1 group (35 respondents) was a control group without treatment. Data analysis using the MANCOVA test. The results of the study are Baby Spa effective for the growth of body weight and body length in infants aged 3-12 months. The conclusion that Baby Spa can be used to stimulate the growth of a baby's body weight and body length, but needs to pay attention to balanced feeding factors. The use of Baby Spa needs coordination between midwives and other health workers. Midwives must also provide health education about Baby Spa to stimulate baby growth so that babies can grow optimally.
. Kementerian Kesehatan RI. Profil Kesehatan Indonesia. Jakarta: Kementerian Kesehatan RI. 2016.
. Kementerian Kesehatan RI. Pedoman Pemantauan Pertumbuhan Dan Perkembangan Anak. Jakarta: Kementerian Kesehatan RI. 2014.
. Kurniawan, A. Hubungan Frekuensi Kunjungan Solus Per Aqua (SPA) Bayi kaitannya dengan Kenaikan Berat Badan Bayi Umur 0-6 bulan di Puskesmas Gantiwarno Klaten . Jurnal Terpadu Ilmu Kesehatan, Volume 2, Nomor 2,pdf. 2013.
. Kanjilal et., al., Nutrition Status of Children in India: Household Socio Economic Condition as The Contextual Determinant. International Journal for Equality in Health. Biomed Central Ltd.2010.
. Qoriesa, S. Hubungan Frekuensi Baby SPA dengan perkembangan bayi pada usia 4-6 bulan di Klinik Baby SPA Ananda Kecamatan Ambarawa Kabupaten Semarang. 2014.
. Institut Griffith for Educational Research. Intervention swim for baby in Australia. Australia. 2007.
. Roesli. ASI Panduan Praktis Ibu Menyusui. Banyu Media : Yogyakarta. 2009.
. Rizema, S. Tips Sehat dengan Pola Tidur Tepat dan Cerdas. Buku Biru : Yogyakarta. 2011.
. Leonard J. Exploring neonatal touch. The Wesleyan Journal of Psychology.2008;3:39-27. 2008.
. Kurniawan, A. Hubungan Frekuensi Kunjungan Solus Per Aqua (SPA) Bayi kaitannya dengan Kenaikan Berat Badan Bayi Umur 0-6 bulan di Puskesmas Gantiwarno Klaten . [Diakses tanggal 4 Juni 2015]. Di dapat dari :Jurnal Terpadu Ilmu Kesehatan, Volume 2, Nomor 2,pdf. 2013.
. Galenia. Home Baby SPA.Jakarta : Penebar Swadaya. 2014.
. World Aquatic Babies & Children Network. Guidelines on Operation of Aquatic Programsfor Children Under Three Years of Age. Diunduh dari http://www.wabcswim.com /A08 Guidelines ForPrograms.htm. Tanggal 19 Desember 2016 Pukul 20.00 WIB. 2016.
. Lee HK. The effects of infant massage on weight, height, and mother-infant interaction. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2007.
. Henningham and McGregor. Public Health Nutrion. Jakarta : EGC. 2008.
. Lesiapeto, et., al. Risk Factors of Poor Anthropometric Status in Children Under Five Years of Age Living in Rural Districts of The Eastern Cape and Kwazulu â€“ natal Provinces South Africa. S Afr J Clin Nutr. 2010.
. Dias JA, Manoel Ede J, Dias RB, Okazaki VH. Pilot study on infant swimming classes and early motor development. Percept Mot Skills. 2013.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.