The Effect of Sediment Particle Size to Sedimentation in Culvert Box (Culvert MEL)
AbstractThe Drainage is complement structure which also controls the rainwater flow system to run safely through the streets, the stiff area turns, culverts, channel junction, waterfall structure, bridges, water ropes, pumps, and sluices. Culvert Box (Zo), affect sedimentation level. The result was expected to be useful for drainage system planning to take action in anticipating sedimentation. Therefore, the drainage channel can be used in long time. The research was conducted in Hydraulic Laboratory of Technique Faculty Hasanuddin University. The method was an Experimental method using Culvert MEL Model. The lower sedimentation The results shows that, in general, in total sedimentation that occurs in Culvert channel based on flow discharge for all channel with different flume base decrease level (Zo), the higher the discharge, the lower sedimentation occurred. The graphics also show that sediment particle size also affects sedimentation, where the bigger size of the particle was higher than sedimentation that occurred.
A. O. Akan, Open channel hydraulics. Butterworth-Heinemann, 2011.
D. Butler and J. Davies, Urban drainage. CRC Press, 2004.
H. Chanson, â€œHistory of Minimum Energy Loss Weirs and Culverts 1960-2002,â€ in 30th IAHR Biennial Congress, 2003, pp. 379â€“387.
A. A. Akanmu and A. H. Gambo, â€œParametric study of minimum energy loss culvert,â€ Trends Appl. Sci. Res, vol. 3, pp. 209â€“215, 2008.
G. A. Songu, K. T. Oyatayo, and S. A. Iorkua, â€œImpact of Gully Erosion Stream Sedimentation in Demepke Drainage Basin,â€ Am. J. Water Resour., vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 100â€“108, 2015.
M. K. A. Kamarudin, M. E. Toriman, N. A. Wahab, H. Rosli, F. M. Ata, and M. N. M. Faudzi, â€œSedimentation study on upstream reach of selected rivers in Pahang River Basin, Malaysia,â€ Int. J. Adv. Sci. Eng. Inf. Technol., vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 35â€“41, 2017.
N. A. Wahab, M. K. A. Kamarudin, M. B. Gasim, R. Umar, F. M. Ata, and N. H. Sulaiman, â€œAssessment of total suspended sediment and bed sediment grains in upstream areas of Lata Berangin, Terengganu,â€ Int. J. Adv. Sci. Eng. Inf. Technol., vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 757â€“763, 2016.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.