Making a Low Risk Kampong to Urban Fire
Keywords:risk, kampong, urban fire, participatory action research.
Urban fire in Surabaya has made 36 fatalities with IDR 97.9 Billion losses in the last five years since 2015. Nyamplungan, one of the neighborhood units in Ampel Precinct, has been dominated with medium level of social and physical vulnerabilities with a low level of capacity. Those risk characteristics in Nyamplungan and its status as cultural-heritage site of Surabaya make that the risk management based on communities in the area is an urgent step to enhance community resilient. These serial participatory action researches have increased community knowledge on risk management, identified historical fire incidents, formed a community group in responding to potential fire hazards, valued the risk level with medium level domination, identified emergency infrastructures, agreed on three main scenarios of future disaster scale, designed action plans from 8 key stakeholders in emergency responses and made six alternatives on evacuation routes.
Badan Nasional Penanggulangan Bencana (BNPB â€“ National Board for Disaster Management), Peraturan Kepala Badan Nasional Penganggulangan Bencana (BNPB) No. 02 Tahun 2012: Pedoman Umum Pengkajian Risiko Bencana (Guidelines for Disaster Risk Assessment), 2012.
Baktiono, Risma itu angkuh dan sombong (Risma (the city mayor) is supercilious and arrogant), Surabaya Pagi Newspaper, retrieved January 20th, 2015 from http://surabayapagi.com/index.php?3b1ca0a43b79bdfd9f9305b812982962464464b345bd4246d1458394da6c88c9, 2013.
Chevalier, J.M. and Buckles, D.J., Participatory Action Research: Theory and Methods for Engaged Inquiry, Routledge UK. ISBN 978-0415540315., 2013.
Chumaidah, N., Kepala Pemadam Pingsan, Walikota Risma Ambil Alih (The Head of Fire Brigade is unconscious, The City Mayor take over (the leadership)), Tempo.com, Retrieved 7th, 2015 from https://m.tempo.co/read/news/2013/11/04/058526987/kepala-pemadam-pingsan-wali-kota-risma-ambil-alih, 2013
Lestari, S.H. Rute Pelayaran Bertambah, Dukung Peningkatan Arus Peti Kemas (More Routes on cruise support the container shipping), Tribunnews.com, Retrieved 7th, 2015 from http://www.tribunnews.com/regional/2015/01/07/rute-pelayaran-bertambah-dukung-peningkatan-arus-petikemas, 2015.
Pamungkas, A., Vulnerability Assessment for Disaster Risk Management: A Case Study of Floods in Centini Village, Indonesia, RMIT University, 2013.
Rahmawati, D., Pamungkas, A., Aulia B.U., Larasati K.D., Rahadyan, G.A., and Dito, A.H., Participatory Mapping for Urban Fire Risk Reduction in High Density Urban Settlement. Proceeding of Cities 2015, International Conference, Intelligent Planning Toward Smart Cities, Procedia â€“ Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 227, pp. 395-401, 2015
Rahmawati, D., Pamungkas, A., Larasati K.D., Rahadyan, G.A., and Dito, A.H., Participatory Mapping Implementation in Capacity Building of Urban Fire Risk. Asian Journal of Applied Sciences, ISSN: 2321 - 0893 Vol. 04, pp. 1079-1085, 2016.
Surabaya Fire Incidents Recapitulation, Data Kejadian Kebakaran Kota Surabaya, Surabaya Fire Department, 2016.
Surabaya Municipal Government, Surabaya Medium Term of Development Program 2010-2015. Surabaya: Surabaya Municipality, 2010.
Surabaya Regional Spatial Plan, Peraturan Daerah Kota Surabaya No. 12 tahun 2014 tentang Rencana Tata Ruang Wilayah Kota Surabaya 2014-2034 (Surabaya Legislation Act No. 12/2014 on Regional Spatial Plan 2014-2034), Surabayaâ€™s House of Representative, 2014.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.