Series Solutions to a Class of Initial Value Problems with Space-Fractional Derivatives
Keywords:Partial Caputo Derivative, Fractional Differential Equations
In this paper, we propose a semi-analytic method to provide Taylor series solutions to the initial value problems of space-fractional differential equations in the form
where is any linear operator of finite arguments and . Some examples have been demonstrated by using the technique of the proposed method.
Shang Y, â€œVulnerability of networks: Fractional percolation on random graphsâ€, Physical Review E, vol. 89,
Arikoglu A, Ozkol I, â€œSolution of fractional differential equations by using differential transform methodâ€, Chaos, Soliton and Fractals, vol. 34, pp.1473-1481, 2007.
Aghili A, Motahhari A, â€œIntegral transform method for solving non homogenous time fractional partial differential equationsâ€, Differential Equations and Control Processes, no. 4, pp.194-204, 2011.
Das S, â€œAnalytic solution of a fractional diffusion equation by variational iteration methodâ€, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 57, pp.483-487, 2009.
Cheng J. F, Chu Y. M, â€œSolution to the linear fractional differential equation using Adomian Decomposition Methodâ€, Mathematics Problems in Engineering, pp.1-14, 2011.
Kutafina E, â€œTaylor series for Adomian decomposition methodâ€, vol. 88, no. 17, pp.3677-3684, 2011.
Das S, Functional Fractional Calculus, 2nd ed., Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heldelbery, 2011.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.