Test of Antidiarrheal Effect of Pomegranate (<i>Punica granatum</i> L) Leaf Infusion to the Mature Male White Mice (<i>Rattus norvegicus</i>) which Induced by Oleum Ricini
Keywords:Antidiarrheal, Pomegranate (punica granatum L) Leaf Infusion, White Mice
Pomegranate (punica grantum L) leaf has been used in traditional medication which potential to cure diarrhea, because it contains of tannin compound. However, the application is only based on empirical experience. This research aims to know antidiarrheal effect and the most effective concentration from pomegranate leaf infusion which affected as antidiarrheal. This research type was experimental research by using 15 mice as research subject which divided in 5 test group, group which given by pomegranate leaf infusion with concentration 12%w/v, 24%w/v, 36%w/v. Positive control group which given by suspension of Loperamide HCl and negative control given by distilled water. The solutions and induction were given by per oral. After the treatment, it was conducted by observation and also records effect which occurred to each mice using many test parameters such as diarrhea frequency, feces consistency, and diarrhea duration. To analyze research result, it was used by ANAVA test and continued by using SNK test. The research result showed that from three concentrations (12%w/v, 24%w/v, 36%w/v) of pomegranate (punicagranatum L) leaf infusion which tested to the white mice, it could be concluded that in the concentration 36%w/v showed the most effective effect due to it was equal with loperamide HCl.
â€¢ Anonim, 1995. Materia Medika Indonesia Jilid VI. Departemen Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Jakarta2.
â€¢ ----------, 1995. Farmakope Indonesia edisi V. Depertemen Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Jakarta2.
â€¢ ----------, 2000. Parameter Standar Umum Ekstrak Tumbuhan Obat. Cetakan Pertama. Depertemen Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Jakarta2.
â€¢ ----------, 2010. Badan Penelitian dan Pengembangan Kesehatan Kementrian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Departemen Kesehatan Rebuplik Indonesia. Jakarta2.
â€¢ Akbar,B. 2010. Tumbuhan dengan Kandungan Senyawa Aktif Yang Berpotensi Sebagai Bahan Antifertilitas. Edisi I. Adabia Press. Jakarta2.
â€¢ Evelyn, C. P. 2004. Anatomi dan Fisiologi untuk Paramedis. Jakarta : PT. Gramedia. Harmita dan Maskum 2005, Buku Ajar analisis Hayati. Edisi Kedua. Jakarta : Departemen Farmasi FMIPA Universitas Indonesia2.
â€¢ Loehoeri S, Nariswanto H, Mikrobiologi Penyebab Gastroenteritis Akut pada Orang Dewasa yangdirawaty di Bangsal Penyakit Dalam RSUP Dr Sardjito. Acta Medica Indonesia. 30. 1980. Yokyakarta2.
â€¢ Moupolo,M. 2009. Uji Efek Antidiare Daun Teh (camellia sinensis) pada tikus putih. Karya Tulis Ilmiah. Jurusan Farmasi. Malang1.
â€¢ Marcellus dan Sudoyo. 2006. Ilmu Penyakit Dalam.Edisi IV. Jakarta2.
â€¢ Nazir,M, P, D. 1995. Metodologi Penelitian. Jakarta : Ghalia Indonesia2.
â€¢ Pelczar, M. J., Chan, E.C.S. dan Merna, F. P. 2008. Dasar-dasar Mikrobiologi Jilid 2. (Penterjemah: Ratna Siri Hadioetomo, Teja Imas, S. Sutarmi Tjitrosomo, dan Sri Lestari Angka). UI Press: Jakarta2.
â€¢ Rukmana, R. 2003. Delima.Yogyakarta: Penerbit Kanisisus2.
â€¢ Sukandar, 2008. ISO Farmakoterapi. Jakarta : PT.ISFI Penerbitan 2.
â€¢ Tan, H. T dan Kirana, R. 2002. Obat-Obat Penting. Khasiat, Penggunaan, dan Efek-Efek Samping. Edisi V cetakan II. Jakarta : PT.Elex Media Kompotindo 2.
â€¢ Tan, H. T dan Kirana, R. 2007. Obat-Obat Penting. Khasiat, Penggunaan, dan Efek-Efek Sampingnya. Edisi V Cetakan I. Jakarta : PT.Elex Media Kompotindo2.
â€¢ Tjitrosoepomo, G. 1994. Taksonomi Tumbuhan Obat-Obatan. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press.
â€¢ Widyaningrum H,2011. Kitab Tanaman Obat Nasional2.
â€¢ Winarno, M,W. dan Dian, S. 1996. Pemanfaatan Tumbuhan Sebagai Obat Diare di Indonesia. Cermin Dunia Kedokteran, 109:25-322.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.