Structural and Optical Properties of ZnO:Al and ZnO:Cu Nanoparticle Thin Films
Keywords:ZnO, Al, Cu, Structural, Optical, Thin films 1-Introduction
AbstractPure and Al- and Cu-doped ZnO nanoparticlethin films were deposited on a glass substrate using the chemical spray pyrolysis technique at 400 Â°C. X-ray diffraction analysis confirmed the formation of the stable hexagonal wurtzite structure of the ZnO films with crystallite sizes in the range of 21.72â€“26.73 nm. The morphology of the films was studied by atomic force microscopy, which revealed that the films were homogeneous in structure with a surface roughness of 1.02â€“4.47 nm and grain sizes in the range of 101.33â€“90.35 nm; these features depended on the type and concentration of the dopant. The optical characteristics of the films were studied by UVâ€“Vis spectrophotometry at 300â€“1100 nm, which revealed that the doped and undoped films present high transmittance (ï€¾90%) in the visible wavelength range. The direct optical energy gap of the films ranged from 3.3 eV to 3.2 eV and also depended on the type and concentration of the dopant.
- T. V. Kolekar ,S.S. Bandgar , A.C. Raskar and V.S. Ganachan , (( Effect of gases sensitivity on nanoparticle ZnO thin films for different gases)) , international J. Green and Hertal chemistry , No .1, vol. 3.(2013), PP 41- 48 .
- C.S. Prajapati . Ajay Kushwaha and P.P.sahay ,((Optoelectronics and formaldehyde sensing properties of tin-doped ZnO thin films )) Appl . Phys . A . No .7 (2013) .
- Ali . J. Mohammad , Kadhim H. Hussain and Ali M.Mousa, ((Ethanol sensing characterization of ZnOthin films prepared by spray pyrolysis technique)) , AL-Mustansiriya J.SC. vol.20, No1 .(2009) .
- Shih Min, Lay GaikTeoh, Wei hao Lai , Hsun Su and Min Hsiung Hon, ((ZnO: AL thin film gas sensor for detection of ethanol vapor)) 6 (2006) PP 1420 â€“ 1427 .
- F.Paraguay D. and M. Miki-yoshida (( Doping effects on the response of thin film ZnO gas sensor to ethanol vapour )) superficies y. vacio 9 (1999) PP.245 â€“ 247 .
- T.V. Kolekar, S.S. Bandgar, S.S. Shirguppikar and V.S.Ganachari ((Synthesis and characterization of ZnO nanoparticles for efficient gas sensors )), Archives of Applied science Research No.5. vol. 6 (2013) PP. 20-28 .
- L. chow, O. Lupan , G. Chai , H. Khallaf , L.K. Ono, B.RoldanCuenya , I.M. Tiginyanu , V.V. Ursaki , V. Sontea , and A.Schulte , ((Synthesis and characterization of Cu-doped ZnO one â€“ dimensional structures for miniaturized sensor applications with faster response )) sensors and Actuator A 189 (2013) PP 399 â€“ 408 .
- Q.G.AL-Zaid, Abdulla .M.Suhail and Wasan R . AL-azawi (( doped ZnO thin film hydrogen as sensor )) Applied physics Research vol . 3, No .1 (2011) .
- ShmpaMondal , ShatabdaBhattacharya , and P. Mitra . (( Structural , morphological, and LPG sensing properties of Al- doped ZnO thin film prepared by silar )) . Advanced in Material science and Engineering , vol 2013 PP 1- 6 .
- B.D. Cullity , S.R. Stock ((Elements of x-ray diffraction)) , 3rd ed prentice Hall, New york (2001) .
- V.Shelke , B.K. Sonawane , M.P. Bhole , D.S.Patil ((Electrical and optical properties of transparent conducting tin doped ZnO thin films)) J. Mater â€“ Sci .Mater, Electron 23, (2012) PP 451-456 .
- W. Shan , W. Walukiewicz , J.W. Ager, K.M. yu , H. Yuan , H.P. Xin G. Cant well (( Nature of room â€“ temperature photoluminescence in ZnO )) Appl. Phys- let . 86. (2005) P. 191911 .
- Hamid S. AL- Jumaili , Abubaker . S.Mohammed ((Structural and optical properties of Cu2Zn1-xCdxSnS4 thin film. as an absorber material for solar cell)) international J. of .Emerging technology and advanceded Engineering. vol.3 , (2013)PP 39-43 .
- M.B.Rahmani,S.H.Keshmiri, M.Shafiei, K.Latham, W.Wlodarki, J.du. Plessis, and K.Klantar-Zadeh(Transision from n-p-type of spray pyrolysis deposited CU doped ZnO thin films for NO2sensing) ,Sensor Leter.Vol.7(2009) pp 1-8.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.