Contamination and Organic Material Detection by Electro Resistivity Method
Keywords:Electro Resistivity method, soil contamination, the presence of toxic material, geo-electrical methods.
We present in this paper the report of an experiment to simulate the effect of the presence of saline solution on subsoil. The method used was Electro Resistivity, with employment of the Laying of Cables technique. The obtained results show that apparent resistivity is strongly influenced by the presence of toxic material, such as manure.
BRAGA, A. C. O. GeofÃsica Aplicada â€“ MÃ³dulo: MÃ©todos GeoelÃ©tricos Aplicados nos Estudos de CaptaÃ§Ã£o e ContaminaÃ§Ã£o das Ãguas SubterrÃ¢neas. (Applied Geophysics - Module: geo-electrical methods applied in studies of funding and Contamination of Groundwater). UNESP â€“ Universidade Estadual Paulista (Paulista State University) â€œJulio de Mesquita Filhoâ€ â€“ Rio Claro â€“ 2007.
GALLAS, J. D. F. et al. ContaminaÃ§Ã£o por chorume e sua detecÃ§Ã£o por resistividade. (Contamination by leachate and its detection by resistivity). Revista Brasileira de GeofÃsica (Brazilian Journal of Geophysics), v. 23, n. 1, p. 51-59, jan./mar. 2005.
MAGALHÃƒES JR., A.; MOREIRA, P. F. Eventos de â€œdesequilÃbrio morfodinÃ¢micoâ€ na evoluÃ§Ã£o da evoluÃ§Ã£o geomorfolÃ³gica de Minas Gerais â€“ O caso de TeÃ³filo Otoni/CaraÃ â€“ RegiÃ£o Nordeste do Estado. (Events of "morphodynamic imbalance" in the geomorphological evolution of Minas Gerais - The case of Teofilo Otoni / Karai - Northeast State). â€“ UFMG â€“ Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Federal University of Minas Gerais) â€“ Geonomos â€“ Vol. 6, nÂº 2, p.23 â€“ 32; - 1998.
MOREIRA, C. A.; BRAGA, A. C. de O.. Anomalias de Cargabilidade em Aterro de ResÃduos SÃ³lidos DomiÂ¬ciliares (Chargeability anomalies in Household Solid Waste Landfill). Revista Brasileira de GeofÃsica (Brazilian Journal of Geophysics), Rio de Janeiro, v. 27, n.1, p. 55-62, jan./mar. 2009.
MOREIRA, C. A.; BRAGA, A. C. de O.; FRIES, M.. DegradaÃ§Ã£o de resÃduos e alteraÃ§Ãµes na resistividade elÃ©trica, pH e Eh (Degradation of waste and changes in electrical resistivity, pH and Eh). Revista Brasileira de GeofÃsica (Brazilian Journal of Geophysics), Rio de Janeiro, v. 27, n.2, p. 283 â€“ 293, abr./jun. 2009.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.